Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Surprise!


But not the one you were probably expecting.

My lovely coworkers threw a surprise baby shower for me this afternoon. It really was a complete surprise. Yesterday was probably the worst day I've ever had at work, and today wasn't looking much better. I'm trying like crazy to get hold of someone on the phone who is avoiding my calls, and suddenly the Dean wants to talk to me for a minute. Well, the Dean was there, but so was everyone else- students, clerkship directors, department chairs, all and sundry! And you wouldn't believe all the pink! Pink princess tablecloth even! Well, it was quite the surprise!

Lots of gifts, lots of cards, lots of pink! Cute pink though- a nice fuzzy footie sleeper, little pink overalls, butterfly hair clips etc. And also a pack 'n play, so we can cage the monkey for the first few years (at least until she's old enough to lock in the closet). And what a cake! It's a custom job too, they had to request a change at the last minute though- near King/Drew the default baby on top is black. Kind of Des to have them change that for me, I have enough things to worry about! Thanks everyone!

Now, back to my frantic day!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?