Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

How clean does it need to be?


This weekend was spent primarily working on the "white tornado"- getting everything clean enough for the baby. Vanna has occupied the nursery for four years, and it is amazing how much dirt one tiny cat can generate! I've been scrubbing windows, window sills, walls, baseboards, door frames etc., and it is kind of scary just how dirty a sponge can get!

I have friends that cringe at the thought of the monkey being put into that room, but when it comes down to it, there probably isn't a cleaner one! Just how clean does a baby's room need to be anyway? Just think of the good strong immune system she will develop fighting off cat dander! She'll have lungs of steel.

While I had my white tornado on, I scrubbed the bathroom cabinets (which I think we managed to miss when we moved into the house- Yuck!), sorted through the medicine/soap/shampoo/miscellaneous cabinet, washed baby blankets, and installed a baseboard in the bedroom (which has been in the garage for 4 years now waiting for me to get around to it). Whew! Now I just have to do our bedroom, the livingroom, dining room, and breakfast nook, and I can take another nap.

Which was the other main activity of the weekend (napping that is). We've taken to heart that we won't be getting enough sleep for the next year or eighteen, so we're napping every chance we get. I'm not much of a napper, but boy did it feel good this weekend! I think I'm having sympathy exhaustion- or is that just all the cleaning?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?