Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

Getting there


Ikea furniture is always best assembled after 11pm!

We just came back from a Mayan art exhibition/reception with desserts at LACMA called "Lords of Creation: The Origins of Sacred Maya Kingship." A very nice exhibit, worth the visit. Some amazing sculpture, jade, and ceramics.

Now, back to the crib. As mentioned on the monkey's website, Tim and Anissa gave us the Ikea Diktad crib. We picked the crib, reflecting my inherent cheapness. Ikea is great for things that don't need to last a lifetime. The crib is sturdy, not out of place in our house, and converts to a toddler bed.

As always, I decided to start assembling it late after a busy day (mainly scrubbing the monkey's room and shopping for the dresser). The assembly wasn't difficult, but I was seeing crosseyed by the end. And since when does an Ikea product involve so many nails!?

The crib is up though, and I think it will suit the monkey just fine. I'm tempted to practice my router skills (nonexistant) on it and put the monkey's name at the end. If we can ever decide on one!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?